Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis or Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA):
BIA is a method of assessing your body composition, the measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass. It is an integral part of a health and nutrition assessment.
The results of the BIA can help us recommend a personalized dietary plan, nutritional supplements, and exercise to help you support optimal health.
The Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) uses electrodes to take the measurements. The electrodes pass a harmless, ultra-low level of electrical current through the body. Resistance to the flow of electrical current measured by the analyzer is then used to calculate the body composition of the patient.
Follow these guidelines for the most accurate results:
- Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
- Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
- Drink at least 1 quart of water one hour before your test.
- Do not drink caffeine the day of your test.
- Do not wear pantyhose.